WHERE TO TURN
At Fares J. Radel, we understand what a difficult time it is for family and friends when a loved one passes. This is too much for any person to handle alone. We want to provide sources that can support and help you navigate through your feelings of grief. The following are organizations that have the tools and experience to comfort you during this difficult period:
For information on Area Support Groups, talk to our staff by calling 513-231-2000 or 859-261-8560.
The Compassionate Friends, Cincinnati Chapter
A national, mutual assistance, self-help organization offering friendship and understanding to bereaved parents, grandparents and adult siblings.
Meets on the 4th Tuesday of the month, 7:00pm at St. Timothy Episcopal Church, 8101 Beechmont Ave., Cincinnati, OH 45255. Contact: Carol Terbrueggen (513) 271-6809
Fernside, Center For Grieving Children
A place of comfort and support for children and teens, ages 3-18, and their families who have had a significant death in the family. Fernside offers a variety of support groups for children, parents and guardians. Families may register for the program by attending an orientation meeting prior to participating.
Grief Support Group
For those who have lost a friend or loved one, sponsored by Hospice of Cincinnati at the Goldstein Family Grief Center, 4360 Cooper Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45242. For dates, times and meeting locations of both general and specialized groups, please call (513) 891-7700.
Stars For Adults
A 6 week grief group series for adults who have experienced the death of a spouse, parent, sibling or friend. Meets on Thursday evenings, 6:30-8:00pm, at Atria Summit Hills Senior Living facility in Crestview Hills, KY. Registration required. Contact: James Ellis (859) 301-4611 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Companions on a Journey Grief Support: New Beginnings Widowed Group
This group is designed to help widowed persons in the initial stages of grief. This group meets on the 2nd & 4th Wednesday of the month, 7:00-9:00pm at Wesleyan University, 9286 Schultz Dr., West Chester, OH 45069. For more information call Companions on a Journey Grief Support (513) 870-9108.
Survivors of Suicide
A peerled support group for people who have lost a loved one to suicide. Meets the 3rd Monday of the month at 7:00pm at the Centennial Barn at St. Claire Center, 100 Compton Road, Cincinnati, OH 45215. For more information, call Anita McKinney (513) 923-4375 or Bob Hasley (513) 793-7385.
Gus Radel, The Grief Therapy Dog
Gus was born September 25, 2015 in Crittenden, Kentucky. He was adopted by the Radel family when he was 7 weeks old and moved to the Cincinnati area. He is an AKC registered German Shepard. Gus began his training to be a therapy dog at 4 months old with American Success-Dog Training Academy. He graduated from training in January 2017 and is a certified service dog/grief therapy dog. Gus is a caring and affectionate addition to Fares J. Radel Funeral Home’s staff. He enjoys coming in to work and greeting those who need his comfort most. When Gus is not at work, he loves to play with his sister, Charlie the Beagle, playing fetch and going on vacation to Michigan with his family. He also loves to visit with sick children and visit people in nursing homes and hospice. Gus is available to meet with families and attend funeral services at your request.
- I wanted to extend a heartfelt thank you for your kindness and attention to detail concerning my beloved mother's memorial service. Losing our mom was one of the most painful experiences ever for me and my two sisters. We wanted her service to be tasteful and comfortable. It was that and more. I was very impressed and cannot thank you enough.
- Dear Katie, our family just wanted to say 'thank you'. We appreciate the care you have given us in this unexpected death. We said before, you hold a special position in life of caring for people during loss. Thank you for your kindness and care.
- Anyone needing funeral services or cremations needs to really check out Fares J. Radel Funeral Home. The care and respect shown to my children and family and him was beyond belief.
- My family wishes to thank you all for everything. We were so pleased with how everything turned out. We highly recommend your services to anyone who asks. You all made a very difficult time much easier than we ever expected.
- On behalf of my sisters & brother, I would like to 'thank you' for all you had to do to coordinate & arrange our Mother's funeral. We truly appreciate all you did.
- Thank you for all you did to make sure Allan's celebration was as beautiful and perfect as possible. You gave us comfort during this incredibly difficult time and we are so very grateful.
- Wanted to extend a heartfelt thank you for your kindness and attention to detail concerning my beloved mothers memorial service. I will highly recommend your funeral home to all of my family and friends. You put together the perfect sendoff for our beloved mother.
- Thank you for your guidance and patience with helping us plan the service for my husband. Your insight was invaluable and your facility provided both an inviting and comforting setting for my family and guests. Everything was exactly what we wanted and needed. We couldn’t have asked for anything more.
- We were so very pleased with everything. The flowers were beautiful and Clergyman Becker was wonderful. He knew just what to say not knowing our mother. The entire service was lovely. Thank you for your kindness and friendship.
- The Radel family did the cremation for two of my family members. They were kind, helpful and handled everything with sensitivity and professionalism. I recommend them highly.
- I wanted to take a moment to thank you for everything you did for us during the death of my mom. You and the staff were so gentle with my dad. Your guidance helped make this time just a little easier. The visitation was beautiful and the DVD is a keepsake. I would truly recommend Fares J. Radel Funeral Home to anyone who asks. Again, thank you for everything.